Friday, April 1, 2011

And Here We Go

     So, here I am starting my first blog.  I'm rather excited about it!  I've enjoyed reading other people's blogs in the past, and have decided that I am ready to start one on my own.  What will it contain???  Everything!  I am a stay at home mom who wears many hats.  I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful daughters ages 10 & 5.  We just bought our first home this past August, and have so many projects to do here!  I'm from the Midwest, so during the winter months everything was kind of put on hold.  Now that spring is here it's time to get the work gloves on.  It is both overwhelming and extremely exciting.  I will keep you posted on our  many projects, which this year will hopefully include finishing our basement, putting  a new window in our daughter's bedroom and starting my very first garden.  Not to mention all the little crafty projects I like to take on like making curtains for the bedrooms, painting and/or refinishing some of our furniture and figuring out what to paint our new front door.
     I have many creative ideas that I look forward to sharing with everyone.  I like making up fun games to keep the kids entertained, and don't break the bank.  My 10 year old daughter is very into crafting, and this year started knitting with me which has been great bonding time.  My other passion is cooking.  I LOVE to cook & bake.  I will definitely be sharing some of my favorite recipes with everyone.  This year I'm really trying to get into cooking meals that can be prepared ahead of time and just pulled out of the freezer when needed.  That is the way to go when you have a busy life! 
     So thank you for taking a peek at my new blog.  I look forward to sharing with you my life, what works and what doesn't.  It's going to be a great spring and summer here at our house and I wish the same for all of you!

1 comment: