Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Easy Plan Ahead Quiche
This recipe that I'm giving you is the basic staples for a quiche. You can then add whatever ingredients you like to make it your style. The great part about this recipe, is that it makes two. You can cook one now and freeze one for up to three months. It's easy to make and even easier to pull out of the freezer when you're too busy to cook a nice meal. Here is what you'll need:
2 unbaked pie shells (deep dish)
2 cups half & half
4 cups shredded cheese (I like cheddar, you can mix up any kinds you like)
1/3 cup green onions (can be omitted)
1 tsp dried mustard
1 tsp paprika
**Optional Additions** bacon, sausage, ham, veggies, etc.
- Bake pie shells in oven @ 400 degrees for 5 minutes covered. Remove covers and bake 5 more minutes.
- Spread shredded cheeses evenly in pie shells.
- Top cheese with any additions you like.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, half & half, dried mustard and paprika.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into pie shells.
- Cover outer edge with foil or Pie Crust Shield. Bake freshly made quiches @ 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Freeze quiches for up to 3 months covered tightly. When ready to bake your frozen quiche, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking. Cover outer edge with foil or Pie Crust Shield. Bake @ 400 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.