Monday, April 11, 2011

My Cupboard Project

     So, when we moved into our house one of the first things we did was get rid of the tiny refrigerator.  It was very dated (I'm thinking 70's) and could not hold a third of the food that I like to keep in my refrigerator.  Then we bought a new one, it's HUGE!  It's got the french doors on the top, the pull out freezer on the bottom, and enough room to keep a family of 10 happy (or my family of 4 :-)!  Problem was, it wouldn't fit in the designated refrigerator nook.  So, we put it on another wall, and were left with a hole where the old one was.  I've been trying to find just the right hutch or cupboard for that space for months and haven't been able to find anything to fit the measurements. 
     Thankfully, my mother has been on the mission as well.  She does love a shopping mission.  This weekend she came through (Thanks Mom!) and got us a wonderful little metal topped antique cabinet.  Fits perfect!  However, it didn't match the kitchen.  So I painted it.  I sanded it, cleaned it, took all the handles off and painted 2 coats on it.  The finished project is wonderful.  Below are the before and after pics. 

 Before

After

    My total project time was only 1 and 1/2 hrs!!  I'm always so afraid to start these projects, thinking I'll never finish it in a timely manner, but it's really much easier than you think. 

3 comments:

  1. You go girl!! Ha ha, just kidding!! It looks great! Can't wait to see it in person!!

    PS I refuse to sign my name to this...you know who I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! :) Awesome blog! I am your newest follower from the blog hop - would love a follow back!

    Alex
    http://thekidisrich.blogspot.com/
    EDUCATING KIDS AND TEENS IN BUSINESS, MONEY MANAGEMENT, AND EARNING MONEY

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks GREAT. I love your house so warm and friendly.. This is an awesome site. I look forward to getting some of the wonderful recipes you have..

    ReplyDelete