Friday, April 1, 2011

Our Family Favorite- Chicken Crescents

     So, today I am sharing with you my family's absolute favorite recipe that I got from a Taste of Country cookbook.  Since it is the first recipe I'm sharing I had to come out with a BANG and give you the best.  This meal is requested all the time at our house and outside of our house.  And it's pretty basic.  It contains crescent rolls, which is one of my favorite items to cook with.  It's easy to use and has the best taste and texture ever!  I usually end up doubling this recipe, and sometimes even triple it to have leftovers.  They don't last long in our house.  So- here it is...


2 cups diced, cooked chicken (I boil the chicken for a half hour and then shred it)
3 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup cream of chicken soup
2 teaspoons milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 (8oz) pkg crescent rolls
2 tablespoons butter, melted
About 2 cups seasoned crushed croutons (I use Italian bread crumbs)

     In a medium bowl, mix chicken, cream cheese, soup, milk, salt and pepper.  Separate the crescent rolls so that you have four squares or rectangles; press each flat.  Spoon in equal amounts of the chicken mixture into half of each crescent square.  Fold the other half and seal tightly by pressing the dough together.  Brush the top and bottom of each filled square/rectangle with melted butter and then roll in crushed croutons.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  Makes 4 squares/rectangles.  ENJOY!

* Note, to lay out the crescents and flatten them I find it best to place a sheet of wax paper down and spray it with cooking spray.  This way it will be easier to lift them off to roll them in croutons and put them on the pan.
** To reheat leftovers, heat oven to 350 degrees and cook for about 15-20 minutes, until heated through.

6 comments:

  1. Ok, why have you kept this recipe a secret from me??? I will be trying this over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing! I am for sure trying this one!!
    over from Friday Follow
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good! Hi! I'm a new follower from Follow Me Friday. http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum!
    I am a little bit late for the friday blog hop, but I am catching up, so I am your newest follower.
    hope you could visit and follow mine as well. tnx!...
    clavsupclose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks so good!! I will have to try this on the weekend!!! Just found your blog, and am enjoying reading it.
    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a must save . . . will be making these soon!!!

    Thanks for following my blog . . . I am following your blog as well and look forward to check out more of it :)

    Have a wonderful weekend . . .

    Gina Alfani

    ReplyDelete