Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Feta Bruschetta

     This is my go to appetizer.  This version of bruschetta has the best texture and flavor.  Every time I make this I get so many compliments and requests for the recipe! 
10 slices of french bread, 1 inch thick
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup olive oil
1-4oz pkg of crumbled feta cheese
2 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon of dried basil
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped (I often times use a can of diced tomatoes from the store)
1/3 cup green onion

- In a bowl combine the butter and olive oil.  Spread on both sides of sliced bread and bake in oven @ 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
-Combine feta, garlic & basil, and sprinkle over toasts.
-Combine tomato & onion and sprinkle over cheese toasts.
- Bake 8-10 minutes longer, until heated through.

Enjoy!  I even enjoy these cold out of the fridge the next day.  They're quick & easy and DELICIOUS!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I’m a new follower from the hop. I've also included a page on my site that lists blog hops for each day of the week. Check under the header for the link to that page, and if you know of other great hops, please let me know!
    I hope you’ll visit me soon and follow back!
    Have a great week.
    NCSue
    http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2011/05/lets-kill-captcha.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I found you through the Follow me Chickadee blog hop. This looks so yummy and easy to make! I can't wait to try this. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete